Boston Children’s Theatre seeks teaching artists to work with selected Boston Public Schools in a new initiative.
Disney Musicals in Schools and Boston Children’s Theatre are partnering with five Boston Public Schools to bring musical theater to students in grades 3-5. Teaching artists are needed to work after school for 17 weeks to produce a Disney musical this spring in collaboration with teachers and volunteers.
Teaching artists must be available for training with Disney Musicals in Schools staff October 4-6 (10am-6pm) and October 7 (11am- 7pm)
- Collaborating with school teachers and volunteers to establish Disney Musicals in Schools
- Implementing the Disney Musicals in Schools curriculum
- Managing the participating students
- Communicating with the coordinator regarding program needs or issues/concerns that arise
- Working with BCT staff and production staff to create final production in the spring
- Availability for every class during the agreed upon duration (varies depending upon class)
Qualifications: Candidates should have experience in an aspect of musical theater and enjoy working with children ages 8-11 years old. Previous experience and BA required.