Complete Form Below to Register
AUDITIONS BELOW – REGISTRATION IS OPEN
Below are some instructions for the auditions, and the registration form:
We’re thrilled you are considering auditioning for the Summer Studios! Please read the information below carefully, and use the form to sign up for your spot. If you have any questions please feel free to contact our Program Coordinator Jay Pension at 617-424-6634 x221 or via email
Auditions will be held on the following dates:
||AUDITION DATES & TIMES
||Ages 9 to 14
||June 29 – July 26
||By Appointment! Use Form Below, or email us
||Ages 14 to 19
||July 6 – Aug 9
||By Appointment! Use form below, or email us.
Audition and Registration Process:
1. Register for an Audition using the form below.
2. Read the instructions carefully to be prepared, and please do be in touch
with us if you have any questions about the audition process.
3. At the audition, we will ask you to fill out an Audition Form and a Registration Form. If you like, you may use the links above to complete the forms and bring them with you to the audition. We will also ask for your credit card or a check for a deposit to the program. This will only be charged if you accept a place in the program.
3. Following the audition, we will notify you within 48 hours if we can offer you a place in the program for Summer 2015. At that point, we ask you to accept your place within 48 hours. Once you accept your spot, we will process your deposit.
4. Following your acceptance, stay tuned for details about the program!
What to prepare:
For Studio 3, Studio 4 .
Please prepare 16 bars of any music theatre selection. Please bring sheet music for BCT’s accompanist. If you have any questions about sheet music please email us
Please bring clothes that you can move in, there will be a short dance/movement audition (if you are not a dancer, let us know, and do come audition).
What to bring:
1. Water bottle
2. Clothes you are comfortable moving in
3. Sheet music for your 16 bars. Sheet music for BCT’s accompanist.
4. A recent snapshot and a résumé
5. A $350 deposit in the form of a check or credit card.
At the audition all students will first fill out paperwork (audition form and registration form). Everyone auditioning will receive a number and will be brought together at a studio to audition. Everyone will sing their audition piece, then students will be taught the dance combination (no preparation is necessary for the dance audition). Please come ready to move!
Within 1 week of the audition you will receive notification of status (Accepted, Denied, Wait-listed). Accepted students then have 48 hours to determine if they would like to accept the spot. Deposits will not be charged unless the student accepts the spot in the program.
Students are welcome to send in video (YouTube/Vimeo, Mp4, DVD) auditions, please prepare a 16-bar cut of a ballad and uptempo piece, and a monologue, no more than 2 minutes long. Materials can be emailed to email@example.com or sent to:
Boston Children’s Theatre
PO Box 171388
Boston, MA 02117